Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Home


Greetings from the Steel City! I am happy to report I have returned safely back to the United States. It feels great to be back home with my friends and my family, but I am already missing the Warm Heart of Africa and the people that make it as such.


Although I have hardly had a chance to adjust to the time zone, fight off jet lag or start to unpack, I can already tell the past year has had a significant impact on my life. I will need more time to continue to debrief, reflect and adjust, but I’m so blessed to be surrounded by an amazing support system as I work through everything. Since I only just arrived home, I will keep this blog brief until I can dive deeper into my thoughts and feelings on being back home. For now I will just ask for prayers … prayers for Lauren and me as we continue the transition home and adjust to our “new normal”.

It is also with a heavy heart that I ask for prayers for the entire St. Andrews School family back in Mulanje. We were informed about a week ago that one of the Form 3 students, who Lauren had in Computer class for the last year, died very suddenly after a brief illness. The loss of a student is felt throughout the entire school and the church. Please keep them and the student’s family in your prayers as they come to terms with this devastating loss.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home and Thank You for a year long lesson of life. You have opened my eyes and heart for a different perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, Brooke. I know how difficult it was for me to process Malawi after being there for only three weeks. I can only imagine your heart bursting with emotions after a full year. Thank you for so openly sharing your journey. And remember as much as your heart is there you are surrounded by love here as well. God will show you your path. Just listen. Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still can't believe you guys are gone back to USA. You were an awesome team and we always cherish the memorable times shared with you as teachers at SAMSS and as members of the church. Greet Abusa Dan and the entire family for me. Tell Abusa Dan that Alembi (Session Clerk) is indebted to him big time for allowing you and Lauren to spend a year with us. God's blessings be upon you.

    ReplyDelete