Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Meet My Students, Part 2

Name: Mbumba Hanjahanja
Age: 14
Home village: Blantyre
Favorite food: Pizza and Chips (French Fries)
Favorite Subject: Biology
Hobbies and Activities:  I like listening to music and I like chilling with my friends.
Siblings and Family: I have two sisters and one brother; we live with our mom and dad.
When you grow up:  I want to be a surgery doctor.
If you could have anything what would it be? I would like to be number one in our class.
If you could go anywhere where would you go and why? I would like to go to New York because I would like to meet famous people.
Something you wish you could change about Malawi: I wish everyone had enough food so we could end world hunger.
Something you want Americans to know about you: I like people that are nice; I like being nice.
Things you are thankful for: I am thankful for my family, for my friends, for my teachers, for my school and that we have peace here in Malawi.
Teacher’s Notes: Mbumba is a great student. She seems to love being in class and is always engaged in the lesson. She likes to answer questions and be involved. She is a hard worker and is very determined.


Name: Vincent Mlandu
Age: 12
Home Village: Mulanje
Favorite Food: Spaghetti
Favorite Subject: Physics
Hobbies and Activities: I like to run around with my friends
Siblings and Family: I stay with my mom. I have no brothers or sisters and my father died many years ago.
When you grow up: I want to be a scientist.
If you could have anything what would it be? I would like a laptop
If you could go anywhere where would you go and why? I would like to go America because there are more scientists there so I could learn more about them. 
Something you wish you could change about Malawi: I would like to change the power outages. I want to make a super battery that charges itself.
Something you want Americans to know about you: I want them to know that I want to become a scientist when I grow up.
Things you are thankful for: Education. Wisdom. My Teachers. My school bag. Life.
Teacher’s Notes: Vincent is a quieter student but has a huge heart. You can always find him smiling and laughing with his fellow classmates and he is always attentive and eager to learn during biology. 


Name: Janet Phiri           
Age: 12
Home village: Blantyre
Favorite food: Chicken and Chips (French Fries)
Favorite Subject: Biology
Hobbies and Activities:  I like to play games, sing, study and chat with friends
Siblings and Family: I have one sister (Madalo) and one brother (Innocent) and we stay with our mom and dad.
When you grow up: I want to be a doctor.
If you could have anything what would it be? I want A’s in all subjects.
If you could go anywhere where would you go and why? I want to go to India to see the way they dress.
Something you wish you could change about Malawi: I would make sure everyone has food, protection, power and education.
Something you want Americans to know about you: I like singing, dancing and playing games. I am in Form 1. I am number 7 out of 73 students. I love my biology teacher in Form 1.
Things you are thankful for: I am thankful to God for the things that He did for me, He gave me parents, a brother, a sister, education life, food and friends.
Teacher’s Notes: Teaching Janet is such a joy. She works so hard in the classroom, always giving her best, which shows with how well she is doing. She is so young and is conquering tough subjects without a problem.


Name: Alinafe Hendrenson
Age: 14
Home village: Blantyre
Favorite food: Chicken and Chips (French Fries)
Favorite Subject: English
Hobbies and Activities: Singing, watching Korean Movies
Siblings and Family: I have one brother and two sisters and I live with a family that took my siblings and me in.
When you grow up: I want to be a doctor.
If you could have anything what would it be? I would like a computer.
If you could go anywhere where would you go and why? I would like to go to Korea to see how the people of Korea live.
Something you wish you could change about Malawi: I would like to change Malawi from having electricity problems; I want Malawi to have electricity like other countries.
Something you want Americans to know about you:  I am good at singing
Things you are thankful for:  I am blessed to have my family, to learn at St. Andrews, to have friends that I have, to have my teachers, to have my relatives.
Teacher’s Notes: Alinafe is such a sweet girl. I love seeing her and her friends talking and joking around outside of the classroom, but also helping each other and challenging each other inside the classroom. She is a joy to have at this school.





No comments:

Post a Comment