Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Meet My Students, Part 5


Name: Mirrium Issa
Age: 14
Home village: Blantrye
Favorite food: Chicken and Rice
Favorite Subject: Biology
 Hobbies and Activities: I like to dance.
Siblings and Family: I have three brothers and two sisters and we live with our mom only.
When you grow up?  I want to be a nurse.
If you could have anything what would it be? I would like a bike.
If you could go anywhere where would you go and why? I would like to go to London to see a bridge and how they look.
Something you wish you could change about Malawi: I wish I could change some of the behaviors of the Malawian people.
Something you want Americans to know about you: I like to chat with all people.
Things you are thankful for:  I am blessed with my brothers, my sisters, my school, my mother, my family, and my friends.
Teacher’s Notes: Mirrium is such a sweet girl. She is a very hard working student and is always willing to answer questions and volunteer. She is a hard worker and really cares about her studies.


Name: Beatrice Mhango
Age: 12
Home village: Blantyre
Favorite food: Chips and Rice
Favorite Subject: English, Biology, Math and Physics
Hobbies and Activities:  I like listening to music and dancing
Siblings and Family: I have one brother and one sister and live with them and my parents.
When you grow up? I want to be a doctor.
If you could have anything what would it be? I want to finish secondary school and get good marks (grades).
If you could go anywhere where would you go and why? I would like to go to India to see the way they dress.
Something you wish you could change about Malawi: I wish I could change early child marriages.
Something you want Americans to know about you: In my family, we are three children and I am the last born.
Things you are thankful for: I am thankful for my family, relatives, friends, God, and all the children.
Teacher’s Notes: Beatrice is a wonderful student. She works very hard during class and seems to enjoy learning. Outside of the classroom I always see her laughing and joking with her friends, enjoying being at school.


Name: Tamanda Sapuwa
Age: 13
Home village: Zomba
Favorite food: Pizza and Chips
Favorite Subject: Biology
Hobbies and Activities: I like singing dancing, swimming and cooking for my family.
Siblings and Family: I have one brother and stay with my parents and 3 of my cousins.
When you grow up? I want to be a medical doctor.
If you could have anything what would it be? I would like a phone so that I could use it during free time.
If you could go anywhere where would you go and why? I would like to go to the United States, especially Miami because there are many beaches there and I like to swim.
Something you wish you could change about Malawi: I wish there were more hospitals so that people will get get better and live happily. I would like the hospitals to be free of charge.
Something you want Americans to know about you: I love to dance
Things you are thankful for: I feel thankful because I have my family, I go to school, I dance, I smile, and I am thankful I have Miss Merry and Miss Mack in my life.
Teacher’s Notes: Tamanda is always smiling. Recently when we were playing Frisbee, every time she caught it she did a little dance and had all of us playing and smiling along with her. She gives out so much joy and happiness all the time, it is contagious.


Name: Truth Jere
Age: 13
Home Village: Blantyre, boarder at the school.
Favorite Food: Chocolate
Favorite Subject: Computer
Hobbies and Activities: I like playing football (soccer)
Siblings and Family:: I have one sister and two brothers. I stay with my mother and sister
When you grow up? I want to be a soldier.
If you could have anything what would it be? Every kind of book
If you could go anywhere where would you go and why? I would like to go to America because I want to see a new life.
Something you wish you could change about Malawi: I would change the way of living in Malawi and how people associate with one another.
Something you want Americans to know about you: I want them to know about my life here.
Things you are thankful for: I am thankful my mother sent me here (SAMSS) and that I am safe here. My school bag. Clothes. Books. Shoes.
Teacher’s Notes:  Truth is new to the class this term! I am so impressed by his work ethic already though. He is determined to catch up on everything we cover in Term 1 and has such a hunger to learn it is inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment