Thursday, August 17, 2017

Packing Up and Saying Goodbye

The countdown is on. I takeoff in just 6 days, and I can't believe it. My final week in the States will be spent packing everything I think I will need for the year, and saying goodbye to as many of the amazing people that love and support me as possible. Both of these activities come with their own unique challenges.

What do you pack for a year? Great question. My packing list has become lengthy and very detailed to cover every scenario I can imagine. Everything from Aloe to Zip Ties has been collected and is in the process of being packed up. I am allowed to take 2 bags weighing 50 lbs. each and a carry-on weighing 15 lbs.  I have had to buy some clothes to wear while I teach- skirts and blouses mostly, and a few things for our kitchen which may be hard to find in Malawi. You certainly learn what is important when you need to pack your life away in 115 lbs.

The other thing I have been busy doing is spending time meeting up with and saying goodbye to people before I head out. Even though I know this is not the last time I will see these people, each goodbye is hard. These past few months have been an amazing reminder of how blessed I am to have so many great people loving, supporting and constantly praying for me. I will miss each and everyone of you, but will hold you all in my heart wherever God leads me on this adventure.

I ask now for your continued prayers as Lauren and I finish up our packing over the next couple of days. I also ask that you lift up our families in your prayers as they prepare to say goodbye to us for the year and send us on our way.

Almost time to fly!


No comments:

Post a Comment